More than 70% of Australian public schools do not have dedicated music teachers.
In 2002, singer-songwriter Don Spencer OAM founded the ACMF to address the needs of children who were not getting the benefits of music education.
Playing music is one of the only activities that activates, stimulates and utilises the entire brain.
Engagement in music programs:
- Enhances fine motor skills
- Prepares the brain for achievement
- Fosters superior working memory
- Cultivates thinking skills
- Improves recall and retention of verbal information
- Boosts reading and English language skills
- Boosts creativity
- Allows disengaged students to re-engage with learning
- Builds trust and teamwork
- Builds confidence
- Builds resilience